Prospective Students

I am always interested in motivated students interested in applying their skills to atmospheric chemistry modelling. Previous experience with computer programming is useful but not necessary, and I am open to enquiries from students with a background in chemistry, earth science, environmental science, math, physics, computer science (and possibly others!). Women and non-binary folx and members of other underrepresented and marginalised groups are strongly encouraged to apply.

PhD. I am able to accept at most 1 new PhD student each year (as primary supervisor). Note that I am not expecting to take on new students before 2025. Prospective students should contact me before applying for admission and funding via the UOW Graduate Research School (due in October). If you are interested in applying, please email me with subject “Prospective PhD Application” and include (1) a cover letter; (2) a short statement of research interests and any prior research experience, including contributions to any presentations or publications; (3) transcripts from undergraduate and (if relevant masters) degrees; (4) contact information for two academic references. For reasons of equity, all applications received by 15 June will be reviewed at the same time (for autumn session start). For mid-year start, please contact me directly to discuss options.

Honours/MRes. I typically supervise 1 UOW honours students from Chemistry or Environmental Science per year. If you are a UOW student interested in an honours project in atmospheric chemistry, please email me to arrange a meeting. If you are a non-UOW student interested in pursuing Honours or MRes at UOW, contact me as early as possible so that we can discuss possibilities.

Undergraduate Research. I am always open to enquiries from undergraduates interested in research, either during the session or over the summer or winter breaks. Please email me to discuss possible opportunities. I can typically come up with projects to suit students with different backgrounds and levels of experience. Depending on individual circumstances, students may be able to receive coursework credit or wages for participating in research.